Return to List of News Stories

An important message for our tenants who claim Universal Credit

As your rent may have increased from 1 April 2019, it is vital that you inform the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) of your new rent, (what they call “housing costs”).

Universal Credit logo

From 3rd April 2019, you will be sent an action called “To-Do” via your UC account in which you must report any changes to your housing costs. You will then be prompted to declare and confirm your new housing costs.

You will be asked to answer questions such as:
  • Has your rent or service charge changed?
  • When did your rent or service charge change?

Do you need help?

Don’t worry, if you are not sure what to do, we are here to help. Speak to one of our Housing Officers on 01506 439 291, or call our office and ask for Welfare Benefits Advisor Drew McLellan.

We can even provide access to a computer as well as IT support. Find out more here.