Our Fair Work First Statement
Almond Housing Association is fully committed to adopting the Fair Work First approach through our fair working practices:
1. We have an appropriate channel for effective employee voice
- Employee surveys are carried out to understand staff views, and employees are consulted and involved in all matters that affect them.
- The organisation promotes a culture of openness and working together, as reflected in our organisational values.
- Formal and informal arrangements are in place for colleague dialogue, including one to ones with managers, appraisal/feedback processes and team meetings. We encourage 2-way communication through our consultation process and strive to continually improve on this.
- Appropriate measures are in place to support dignity in the workplace via our disciplinary and/or grievance process. We have zero tolerance of workplace bullying and any other forms of abuse and harassment and we aim to ensure that any issues are investigated within a timely, constructive and fair manner.
2. We invest in workforce development
- We invest in the development of our people, identifying staff training needs and providing appropriate learning opportunities.
- Learning and development is integrated with our strategic planning, supported by our People Strategy and Learning and Development Policy.
- We support our staff advancing in their careers to study for formal qualifications.
- We are developing our practices and working environment to look at our opportunities for all colleague development and growth.
3. We do not use zero hours contracts inappropriately
- We have no zero-hour contracts in place.
- All staff are employed on a fixed term or permanent basis with confirmed hours and working pattern.
4. We take action to tackle the gender pay gap and create a more diverse and inclusive workplace
- We have an Equality and Diversity Policy in place and work closely with external organisations to review our practices and increase awareness.
- We support flexible working across the organisation and consider workplace adjustments for support
- We offer a hybrid working style to help individual circumstances.
- We are a Disability Confident Employer encouraging those with disabilities and medical conditions to feel encouraged to apply for employment and feel included at work
- We review our reward, terms and conditions and diversity data to ensure we understand our workforce and how we can improve.
5. We commit to paying the Real Living Wage
- We are committed to payment of the Real Living Wage
6. We offer flexible and family friendly working practices for all workers from day one of employment
- We operate and encourage hybrid working to support employee wellbeing and are a family friendly employer offering flexible/part-time working patterns.
- We offer special leave to support in difficult circumstances
- Our hybrid working allows for flexible working practices in line with business requirements
7. We oppose the use of fire and rehire practice
- We are committed to working with our employees to ensure there is effective consultation and negotiation relating to change.